15 June 2014

Practical Style




I’ve got exciting news to share with you all today. I am joining Fresh Style magazine as a Contributing Editor – starting with their current issue!


My regular column is called ‘Practical Style’. This was the name of my first shop in Oxford and represents the essence of what I stand for – not just here on my blog, but also in my books and in my line of products.

In each issue of the magazine, I’ll share with you an exclusive project that you can recreate at home using simple-to-follow instructions and tips. I’ll also give you an insight into how I work and where I find my inspiration. My hope is that these practical projects will give you all the tools you need to find your own creative expression and style.




For my first column, I guide you through the approach and method that I took to create a table inspired by America’s abstract expressionist movement. I’ve called the piece my ‘Jackson Pollock table’ as the techniques I used and resulting effect remind me of the artist’s iconic abstract paintings. Although this project might look complicated at first, it really is very easy to achieve with a little help from my decorative paint, Chalk Paint®, and clear Soft Wax.

            

Here’s a sneak peak of the project and what you’ll find inside the issue:



Fresh Style magazine is available on newsstands across the USA, as well as via participating Annie Sloan Stockists around the world.

Fresh Style have also created a subscription offer, to find out more follow this link: http://bit.ly/1io0hnj

Yours, Annie

9 comments:

  1. How wonderful, Annie! We're looking forward to reading along...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Annie....very proud to be one of your Stockist and to be able to offer this creative magazine to my customers!

    Paint on my friend,
    Janet xx
    The Empty Nest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie, I look forward to reading about all your practical projects. Congrats on becoming a Contributing Editor.
    xoxo
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Write on, Annie! Love it!

    Connie Brown
    Simpler Times Designs
    Parker, CO

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds wonderful--can't wait to get my copy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there annie. I am from south africa. Did a workshop at a retailer of your paint recently. In the shop there is a beautiful painted hutch. The technique they used is with pool acid wich you spray after a layer of paint. She does not really want to give away the secret...do you know of such a technique. My email is taniavr@vodamail.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annie, I'm from Poland and I love your products. I'm a huge fan of yours :) this new project is very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news! Practical Style is the perfect way to describe the wonderful ways we create stylish pieces with your paint. Love the magazine and so do our customers at Maison Decor, and now that you will be an editor its all the better for us to get our Annie fix.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOvely creation painting this table.

    ReplyDelete